What is Depression?
Depression is a mental illness that usually occurs due to trauma. When someone is suffering from depression, they will no more feel any interest in socializing with other people, and they find it hard to cope with their daily routine. Depression causes extreme sadness and loss of interest in many things.
Moreover, depression affects mental health and physical health as people suffering from depression continuously confirm that they lack energy and are usually suffering from sleep deprivation. Fortunately, there are several ways to cope or overcome depression, such as performing yoga and buying a yoga wheel online to calm the mind adequately. At
Causes of Depression
Depression is a severe mental illness, and there many reasons that can trigger depression in a person, such as:
- Abusive substances
- Pharmaceutical drugs
Symptoms of Depression
Diagnosing depression in someone is easy as the symptoms will be crystal-clear such as:
- Inability to sleep enough (Sleep deprivation or insomnia)
- Loss of interest in passion and hobbies
- Nothing no more seems to bring joy and pleasure into your life
- Reduced sex drive or no desire to have sex at all
- Sudden weight loss or weight gained
- Regular mood swings (anger or violence)
- Lack of energy and fatigue
- Feeling guilty for past mistakes
- Starting illicit substance abuse
- Inability to concentrate or remember things
- All your surrounding feels dull
- Unexplainable and chronic pains
How to balance or overcome depression?
There are several ways to cope with or overcome depression, including:
- Be involved in activities that you like (Even if you do not feel like doing them)
- Persist in getting engaged with your passion and hobbies
- Care for a pet
- Develop a daily sleep pattern (Sleeping and waking up at the same time every day; even on the weekend)
- Always surround yourself with people who care for you.
- Start meditating, such as performing yoga.
Furthermore, if the remedy, as mentioned earlier, does not seem to work for you, it is advisable to seek professional help. Doctors will provide pharmaceutical drugs to help you overcome anxiety.
As you may deduce, overcoming or balancing depression and anxiety is not a difficult task. However, it depends on the impact you have experienced in life, such as a deep trauma or loss of someone close, to determine the severity of your depression or anxiety. If natural remedies are not functioning for you, it is better to visit a doctor.
When it comes to mental disorders, people tend to hide them or do not seek professional help in fear of what families or friends will think about this illness. Many people live in the misconception that mental disorders are equal to calling someone mad in medical terms.
However, this statement is invalid. Around 50% percent of the world population suffers from different mental conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia. Many people among the 50% are unaware that they have mental conditions, while in others, it is evident that they are suffering from mental illnesses.
When do you need to see a psychiatrist?
You need to be aware that psychiatrists usually provide pharmaceutical drugs to cure or improve mental disorders. Psychiatrists are not psychologists. Psychologists are doctors who will listen and advise you on how to enhance or balance mental illnesses without prescribing medications.
People who have not been able to find remedies with psychologists fluctuate to a psychiatrist. You will need a psychiatrist to help you. Moreover, if the below symptoms occur, it is advisable to visit a psychiatrist immediately.
Symptoms you should not ignore.
Changes in sleeping patterns
You immediately need to visit a psychiatrist if you are experiencing changes in your sleeping patterns, such as oversleeping, sleep-deprived, or becoming an insomniac. Many mental illnesses can cause changes in your sleeping patterns, such as bipolar disorder or depression.
Constant mood swings
Mood swings are mostly taken for granted, but they can be a severe issue, mainly sadness, anger and irritability, and violence. Experiencing these mood swings may be a sign of depression or sadness, especially if a person encounters sudden mood changes.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder whereby people cannot differentiate between what is real and what is unreal. Making hallucinations such as hearing or seeing things that do not genuinely exist is a severe issue as it can significantly affect the schizophrenic’s life.
If you observe you are having suicidal thoughts at any moment, you immediately need to seek professional help or talk to someone with whom you feel comfortable. Suicidal thoughts can occur due to severe depression or profound trauma. However, suicide is not a solution, and suicidal thoughts are easily curable.
Lost of interest in daily activities
Each person has at least one hobby or passion that the latter likes to practice frequently. But if the same person goes through a phase where they do not show any interest anymore, it is alarming, especially when the same passion and hobby do not bring joy. A decline in sexual desire is another sign of depression and anxiety.
Chronic and unexplainable pain
It may happen that doctors cannot diagnose any health problems, but you are still feeling pain. Mental disorders can lead to chronic and unexplainable pain, especially abdominal pain. These pains can be due to mental stress, anxiety, or depression-related causes.
Conclusively, it is highly crucial to visit a psychiatrist if you experience any of the above symptoms. A doctor will diagnose the precise mental disorder and will treat you accordingly. Remember, mental illnesses are health conditions that no one should be ashamed to share with others. The earlier you seek help, the earlier you will feel better.
Menopause is the condition in which women have no menstruation for 12 months consecutively. Women cannot be pregnant anymore. The age during which this condition occurs is usually 45 and 55. In some cases, this condition also happens before and after this age. Moreover, there are many factors that occur during menopause, such as, extreme sweating or loss of hair. However, there are positive treatments that are available, for example, in case of hair loss; there exists the best hair loss treatment for females.
Per menopause, menopause, and post-menopause
During perimenopause, there chances that you may have periods late or skip once. In this condition, periods are not as regular as usual. In contrast, menopause is a total lack of periods for almost 12 months consecutively. Postmenopause is the period that occurs after menopause has occurred entirely.
The symptoms of Menopause are severe. Smoking and drinking likely make this condition worse, and symptoms long-lasting. Find below the signs or symptoms of menstruation:
- The person feels less number of menstruations than the usual.
- Women often experience periods, sometimes as light or sometimes as heavy.
- Women experience hot flashes, sweats, and flushing.
- Vaginal dryness occurs during post-menopause. In this condition, the natural moisturizer, which keeps the vagina moisture decreases and, causes vaginal dryness.
- Most women suffer from sleep problems during the period of premenopause. The sleeping problem occurs due to a lack of hormones and irregular menstruation.
- The gradual gain in weight occurs due to menopause. Weight increases around the abdomen, thighs, and hips simultaneously. However, it is not necessarily one who gains weight that has menopause. Gaining weight is also related to age, and it increases with age.
- Metabolic energy is the energy that we use to convert stored energy into working energy. Estrogen is responsible for the metabolism of the body. As we discussed above, the estrogen level decreases during menopause.
- During menopause, the estrogen level decreases, which makes breast tissue dehydrated and elastic less. Women no longer experience nipple discharge. During these, breasts begin to sag.